- Fellow of the Royal Doyen Academy (FRDA).
- Fellow of the Historical Society of Nigeria (FHSN).
- Alexander von Humboldt (AvH) Renewed Fellowship Award, accompanied by a junior researcher, at Humboldt University of Berlin, July to October 2019.
- Alexander von Humboldt ’Humboldt’ Kolleg grant, 2019.
- TETFund Book Publication Grant, 2018.
- Alexander von Humboldt Publication Grant, 2018. Fellow of the Historical Society of Nigeria (FHSN).
- “The Wangari Maathai Award for Innovative Scholarship and Leadership” of The University of Texas at Austin, 2017.
- University of Nigeria Staff Award for Most Punctual Lecturer, 2016.
- TETFund grant for Institution-Based Research Project, 2016
- Alexander von Humboldt (AvH) Renewed Fellowship Award, Berlin, August-October 2015.
- The First A. G. Leventis Foundation Fellow, Centre of African Studies, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, 2013-2014.
- Alexander von Humboldt Renewed Research Fellowship, 2011.
- National Universities Commission Conference support, 2010.
- “Professional Service Award” of the Rotaract Club, University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
- Alexander von Humboldt (AvH) grant for Humoldt Kolleg, 2010.
- Alexander von Humboldt Book, Equipment, and printing grants, 2009/2010.
- Alexander von Humboldt Return Fellowship Award (November 2008—October 2009).
- Alexander von Humboldt Research Fellow (at Zentrum Moderner Orient, Berlin; June 2006–September 2008).
- Advanced Research Fellowship award of the Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa (CODESRIA), 2005–2006.
- Leventis Post-doctoral Research Fellow, Centre of African Studies, School of Asian and African Studies (SOAS), University of London, 2004.
- Fulbright Visiting Researcher, Women Studies Program, The University of Kansas, Lawrence (U.S.A.), July 2001–May 2002.
- Vice Chancellors’ prize for Best graduating Ph.D. candidate of the University of Nigeria for 2001-2002 academic year.
- Vice Chancellors’ prize for Best graduating Ph.D. candidate, Faculty of Arts, University of Nigeria, for 2001–2002 academic year.
- University of Nigeria post-graduate research awards, 1999-2000/2000-2001.
- Federal Government of Nigeria Scholarship for M.A. degree, 1991-92.
CONFERENCE SUPPORT AND TRAVEL GRANTS
- Sweizerische Gesellschaft fur Afrikastudien Conference Sponsorship for Bern-Switzerland, 2015
- Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund) Conference grant for Moscow-Russia 2014
- Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund)Conference grant for Chennai-India, 2013
- CODESRIA for New Orleans, Louisiana-U.S.A., 2009
- University of Nigeria International Conference Grant for El-mina, Ghana, 2009
- African Sexuality Leadership Development Fellowship for Lagos, 2009
- AvH/ZMO Conference grant for Lima-Peru, 2007
- AvH/ZMO Conference grants for Adelaide-Australia, 2007
- CODESRIA for Cairo-Egypt, 2006 and 2005
- Rutgers Centre for Historical Analysis for New Jersey-U.S.A., 2005
- Cornell Center of African Studies for Ithaca-New York, 2003
- Fulbright Institute of International Education (IIE) for Austin-Texas, 2002
- York University—UNESCO/SSHRCC Nigerian Hinterland Project for Enugu, 2000
a. Prize for best-graduating female student of the Faculty of Arts, University of Nigeria (2 recipients since 2018)
b. Prize for best-graduating female student of the Department of History and International Studies, UNN (7 Recipients since 2010)
c. Undergraduate & Post-graduate Tuition Grants (10 recipients since 2008)
d. Post-Primary School Scholarship (2 recipients since 2014)
e. Other Educational Programmes (Some recipients since 2014)